Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
OMEN 25L GT12
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am a design major. I just bought this gaming desktop a month ago. The performance is very strong. I like it very much, but there is a very fatal problem. Whenever I use blender rendering software or watch a relatively high-definition video on the Chrome browser, the computer will suddenly freeze, then all the screens will be black, and then the computer will restart. This has happened at least dozens of times, and I don't understand it. I have upgraded the latest nvidia driver to adapt to my 3070 graphics card, and kept the win10 up to date, and I tried to change the fan mode in the omen hub again, but nothing improved. Recently, I really can’t stand it because I didn’t save it in time. Software, the computer suddenly restarted with a black screen, I lost my homework!
I very much hope that an expert can help me solve this problem, thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@YUZHIFENG2099

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue and feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day ahead!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@YUZHIFENG2099

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you tried with a different browser? 
  • Are you able to boot into windows desktop?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding.

1.when I got the pc, after I open the computer then there is a Win10 update so I have made the update. 

2.yes, I also use the Microsoft edge, but when I don't use the browser, there is also the problem of restart the computer.

3.I have never used the boot into Win desktop.

HP Recommended

@YUZHIFENG2099

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC 
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot, now I have followed all the steps and finished, I hope there isn't this problem in the future.

I will let you know the situation of the computer, thanks again, have a good day!

HP Recommended

@YUZHIFENG2099

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue and feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day ahead!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.