Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I keep getting a message before startup that the following product information programed into the system board is missing or invalid. etc etc
I followed the directions and went to the suggested website, followed those directions to find the product information and the System Board CT number is missing - how do I find it and how do I correct this problem so that I can use my computer with a normal startup when I turn it on.
Thank you in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @jmt3, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand you are getting system board CT number is missing or not valid error on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Did you replace any hardware on your PC previously?

If the system board was replaced on your PC. The product information stored in the BIOS chip would have got erased.

You have to contact HP and get the PC serviced.

HP uses a tool called DMI tool by which the product details are entered on your PC.

However, this tool is limited only to HP partners and HP service center technicians.

I will share you few details through a private message about the service options for your laptop.

Please watch your inbox for more information.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi! @jmt3, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand you are getting system board CT number is missing or not valid error on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Did you replace any hardware on your PC previously?

If the system board was replaced on your PC. The product information stored in the BIOS chip would have got erased.

You have to contact HP and get the PC serviced.

HP uses a tool called DMI tool by which the product details are entered on your PC.

However, this tool is limited only to HP partners and HP service center technicians.

I will share you few details through a private message about the service options for your laptop.

Please watch your inbox for more information.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi!, @Jmt3 :

Try, with ... https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443496

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, and my battery cannot be charged.  Please give me direction to fix it.

HP Recommended

Hi @HarryVAn

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

This indicates a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

To know more, please refer to this document

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ugh...I haven't replaced anything.  This message just showed up and my computer is sluggish as well.

HP Recommended

Hi @dmore

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding this issue, they should be able to help. 

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.