Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion TP01-0145m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, I have a TP01-0145m that I bought fairly recently and have become curious about upgrading the parts within the tower. I'm already upgrading the memory sticks soon from 8GB to 32 GB due to running out of memory to do VM's but am also looking into other areas once I have the money for them. Specifically I would like to add a graphics card inside as I play a fair amount of video games. Would the GV-N105TOC-4GD fit inside my machine? It looks like it uses PCIe x16 which is used in the machine but I'm not sure if the card fits in the machine or if there are any other restrictions between the two. I do also know that it requires a minimum of 300W but the base supply is 180W so I'll definitely have to upgrade it. I looked at the Power Supply Cross Reference for specific models by Wb2001 to try to see what would fit and think maybe the L64961-800 or L04618-800 would fit, but I would like to be certain before I put the money down for anything. Has anyone had any experience with this or know of any information that could put me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @vgnewbie 

Yes you can trust WB's power supply chart. Your motherboard is not conventional but proprietary and you need one of the two PSU's he pointed to.  That 1050ti needs to have a minimum 300w PSU so you will have to upgrade the power supply from the 180w currently installed.

You can purchase those PSU's via the HP Parts Surfer... https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=L04618-800

Best way to know if the GPU will fit is simply measure the back of the case to the front until you run out of room. Compare that length with the length of the cards specs. The PCIe x16 slot is compatible with that card.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @vgnewbie 

Yes you can trust WB's power supply chart. Your motherboard is not conventional but proprietary and you need one of the two PSU's he pointed to.  That 1050ti needs to have a minimum 300w PSU so you will have to upgrade the power supply from the 180w currently installed.

You can purchase those PSU's via the HP Parts Surfer... https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=L04618-800

Best way to know if the GPU will fit is simply measure the back of the case to the front until you run out of room. Compare that length with the length of the cards specs. The PCIe x16 slot is compatible with that card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.