Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My system is an HP Pavilion desktop model: TPO-10142 and has a Baker motherboard, I5 processor, built in graphics, I want to put a video card in with a suitable power supply. can I upgrade the power supply and if so, with what? Current PSU is 180W 

I found a similar posts (dated 9/2020) in the forum and noted Model L69242-800 (400w), is this compatible with my comp? 

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Before changing PSU...take a pic and detach the wires.Before changing PSU...take a pic and detach the wires.Remove existing PSURemove existing PSUInstall graphics cardInstall graphics cardModel L04618-800 works great for the TE01-1224 with an Nvidia 1060GTX 3GB.Model L04618-800 works great for the TE01-1224 with an Nvidia 1060GTX 3GB.Re-wire motherboard and new card.Re-wire motherboard and new card.Good to go!Good to go!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

I believe the following power supplies will work with the TP01 chassis and motherboard:

HP PSU 400Watt  --Part Number# L04618-800-- HP PSU 500 Watt -- Part Number# L05757-800.

You might wait for forum confirmation before you make a purchase.

Regards

HP Recommended

Before changing PSU...take a pic and detach the wires.Before changing PSU...take a pic and detach the wires.Remove existing PSURemove existing PSUInstall graphics cardInstall graphics cardModel L04618-800 works great for the TE01-1224 with an Nvidia 1060GTX 3GB.Model L04618-800 works great for the TE01-1224 with an Nvidia 1060GTX 3GB.Re-wire motherboard and new card.Re-wire motherboard and new card.Good to go!Good to go!

HP Recommended

HumanHighlight ..... Thanks for your pic ... very helpful to see this done  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.