Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Iv'e run all the diagnostics.  I insert a thumb dive.  It shows all the files but stops there.  It will not go to the install.  I've tried the thumb drive on other machine and it works.  I've tried other devices on the drive on my desktop and it works. I had a second thumb drive sent and that doesn't work as well.  HELP!!! Am I missing a setting or something???

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

It might be of some help to indicate what is on the thumb drive.  If you can see files, then what is it supposed to do?

If you are expecting to boot from this thumb drive to run a setup, then change the boot setup in the BIOS to pick the USB as the first boot device

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

It contains real estate information.  The files are there but it will not install the program on to my desktop.

HP Recommended

OK.  You mean the thumb drive has setup files to install software?

If yes, then do not change the boot order in the BIOS.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Yes files to install.  I have not changed anything.  It just wont install on my desktop.  Works fime on laptop

HP Recommended

If you can see the files, look for a setup.exe or something similar.  Some PC's will not autostart an install.  If in question, show a screen shot of the files from the "This PC" window

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I'm having trouble getting a Screenshot

HP Recommended

REAL ESTATE THUMB DRIVE.PNG

HP Recommended

REAL ESTATE THUMB DRIVE 2.PNG

HP Recommended

From those two screen shots, there are no install setups.  The only application appears to be Adobe Reader and if you have that alreay, then it is not needed.

There is a shortcut to start an application called "Wipeout setup"  what happens if you double click that?

Or open the Wipeout folder to look for the application.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.