Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi when I took my laptop out of my backpack the auto rotate was stuck on portrait mode. I was able to force it into landscape but my keyboard and touchpad still don't work. I have tried uninstalling drivers updating drivers restarting my laptop turning on and off tablet mode and making sure auto rotate was off. If there's anything that I haven't tried please help I have an assignment due tonight.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

you posted laptop to desktop help ?

turn off all that rotate stuff

then in device manager, make sure all drivers are happy, online.

then set the pad as you want in control panel.

it sure is no desktop, we dont need a Pad,  we use real mouse so can you plug one in, and use it, now,

fix pad later, always keep a mouse in the kit. ok.?

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

u didnt mention the actual model number of that laptop. sooo all laptops have a sticker with serial number and model number. go to the hp site for drivers. type in either a serial number or model number. For example i have a hp envy 700 series. but model number is 700-327c. when u are successful looking for the list of drivers. go to the keyboard and mouse section. you will find something that says Synaptics TouchPad Driver. download the oldest first. install it, restart it when it ask. then download the latest and instlal if there is a newer driver. restart if it ask after installation. enjoy!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.