Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion p7-1512
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help! I am have this hp pavilion desktop that I've been slowly upgrading.. new psu, added a gpu.. have it running on 8gb ram (2x4gb) everything was running ok  but  i recently got my hands on a pair of 8gb (Dell ddr3 1333MHz P3L-10600 SNPP9RN2C/8G) but everytime i pop them in and replace the pair of 4gb ... it would not boot .. and it would make 5 long beeps.. It works fine when i put the 2x4gb back in .  ... i even took the new sticks (2x8gb) and put them in another pc and it would run ... 

is it a compatibility issue? i thought as long as its ddr3  .. any advice ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Tried-upgrading-my-memory/m-p/7...

so that would be the first link!
the answer is still valid therefore, your modules are not compatible if it is  ECC

Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello
your modules are incompatible
If it is this model

• Dual channel memory architecture
  • Two 240-pin DDR3 DIMM sockets
  • Supports the following:
    • PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)
    • PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600)
  • Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
  • Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB and 8 GB DIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    note:
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 16 GB on 64-bit systems
  •  

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion p7-1512 product # H3L51AA#ABA

HP Recommended

Hello
sorry, there is a problem to me model you give, does not match the product no.
With the product number H3L51AA
we find this model:

HP ENVY 23-d131 TouchSmart All-in-One Desktop PC Product Specifications

• Dual channel memory architecture
  • Two DDR3 SO-DIMMs (204-pin) sockets
    • PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)
    • PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600)
  • Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
  • Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB and 8 GB (8 GB only available on systems using Ivy Bridge processors) DDR3 SO-DIMMs
  • Supports up to 16 GB on 64-bit PCs (16 GB only available on systems using Ivy Bridge processors)
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit* PCs
    *32-bit PCs cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

sorry bout that must've read it wrong ....  Product no: H3L61AA#ABA    model: p7 - 1512

HP Recommended

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Tried-upgrading-my-memory/m-p/7...

so that would be the first link!
the answer is still valid therefore, your modules are not compatible if it is  ECC

Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thank you so much .. you've been very patient and helpful .. 

HP Recommended

You're welcome

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.