Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-k0003na
Microsoft Windows 11

Trying to copy my Panasonic camcorder tapes to HP All-In-One PC with no firewire connection

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Assuming that the Panasonic camcorder is meant to connect to a PC with firewire, it might not be possible on the PC in question.  What is the model number of the Panasonic, so I can look it up?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Appreciate your time, the HP Pavilion All-In-One  model 24-K0003na has no firewire input, nor has my normal PC, it appears to be old technology, been trying to transfer Panasonic NV-DS27B recorded digital tapes to my PC to transfer to USB, the Camcorder has a DC output and I have managed to transfer to my Blue ray DVD recorder which has a DV input, but this will not transfer in normal DVD mode and the Blue Ray disc will not play in my PC. Have tried a Camcorder tape to USB grabber this did not work, totally confused, Panasonic are not helping, also HP, Thank you again

Best regards

James

HP Recommended

Yes the Panasonic NV-DS27B will work with a firewire port but that is old technology as you suspect.

Most modern PC's will not accept the card unless you have PCI slots and USB transfers rarely work as expected.  There are places that will do the transfers for a fee but is you wish to due the transfers as a DIY project you will need a desktop PC that can accept a firewire add-on card.  There are PCI-e cards available, so a real desktop, not an AIO, can accommodate the card.

For example

https://www.amazon.com/Internal-FireWire-Port-Cards/b?node=284717

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Dear Sir

Thank you so much for your time and research, yes it is more of a project for me, I have transferred my old disc's to USB and have about 20 Camcorder tapes, hence expensive to have them transferred by a local company, I used to have a VHS tape adapter for Camcorder tapes which I copied on my recorder from VHS to Disc, but that is long gone. I shall ask around to see if anyone has an old computer with a DV input or the like, Thanks again for your help and attention, appreciated,

Best regards

James 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.