Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 590 0066
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After several weeks my USB 2.0 ports are all still faster than my 3.0 and USB C ports. Almost as if they were reverse wired at the factory. All devices of any kind are slower.

Just bought a HP 900 USB 256 3.0 and it is slower on the USB 3.0 ports. Updated drivers but this is a more significant issue.

Is there a resource limitation on total USB devices on a device?

Are there any BIOS settings that are user accessible to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@etp7,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Let's start off by updating the Bios and Chipset drivers on the PC either using HP Support website, using this link or download the drivers using HP Support Assistant. 

To download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

You may also refer to this support document for - HP PCs - Troubleshooting USB Connections (Windows 10, 😎

Let me know how it goes for further assistance! 

Please include the correct product details as this will help me in providing you with accurate information which should help you resolve this issue. 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did that the first 3 days. Also went into device manager and checked for current drivers. Also checked the BIOS. No BIOS settings for this issue. BIOS is very primative on this box.

Did see a thread on replacing the driver package for USB devices.

HP Recommended

OK, went to level two support at India HP and they reset my BIOS to factory defaults after updating all drivers. Still same problem.

They wanted to reset the computer and reinstall Windows so that's when i said I had had enough for today. After all, my computer works so far and if the 3.0 and C ports are slower then lesson learned on my next purchase.

Just was expecting better performance on the C port at least.

Still think the wires were reversed at the factory. Maybe. Still the USB port is not even close to GB speeds. 40MB on a perfect day on the USB 2.0 with not filling up the USB drive. USB 3 will be my USB 2.0 jacks for speakers and keyboards etc. 

HP Recommended

@etp7,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.