Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Match every component!

Thank you very much for adding this information.

HP Recommended

You're welcome,

I expert that you will find a solution
I have no idea at this time, the bios seems to be already up to date
see the rest

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-desktop-pc-tp01-1000a/37921117

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I just checked and everything is updated.

I looked through the list of available updates and I've almost of theme. Some of the utilities and stuff like that, I don't have in my system, but the drivers for the hardware I've on my system are properly installed.

Typically, I use the tool "HP Support Assistant" to keep my HP Desktop updated.

HP Recommended

see what can @BeemerBiker  tell you
but I advise you, if nothing to do, to contact your reseller, or HP support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I tried several things, but the disconnect issues occurs frequently.

Personally, I don't believe it is related with bad contact, poor cable, or the device draws too much power from the motherboard.

I'm using the mouse and keyboard that HP provided in the box. Even with different peripherals (keyboard and mouse) the problem persist. Also, tried to use the mouse and keyboard that came with HP Desktop on my laptop and both work without any problem.

The HP desktop have multiple USB ports, and I tested with different ones, and the issue also shows up.

I believe it is related with AMD issue reported regarding USB and the fix they provided for motherboard manufacturers.

Unfortunately, I don't see any information on HP website if the most recent BIOS contains that AMD fix or not. My suspicion it is not included in HP BIOS.

HP Recommended

Just read this article

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-suggest-possible-fixes-for-usb-connectivity-issues

Does not look good for AMD.  They must not have done enough testing with motherboard manufacturers.  If the suggested fixes do not work, you need to request a refund or replacement.  While that might not happen (if out of warrantee) it might gets some ones attention to where pressure on AMD might cause them to fix the problem.

I found I could live with occasional motorboat sound from bad speakers but defective USB is a no brainer return.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community
I am a community volunteer and not work for HP.
If you find this post useful click the YES button
If I helped solve your problem please mark this as a solution.

HP Recommended

That is one of my sources that let me think we need a BIOS update.

Even the possible workarounds AMD describes are not achievable on HP Desktop, because the Advance tab is hidden/missing for HP customers.

HP Recommended

I tried several things in the past days, but I'm still in the same spot...

LatencyMon is reporting the computer is not good for real-time tasks. Something weird is happening on this machines.

20211224.jpeg

HP Recommended

Like I said, don't waste your time
if there is nothing new to offer, a return to the store would be the best option
Now, maybe too late, not sure if it is a good idea to send it to hp for repair!

If not tried, do a full recovery windows 10
I prefer, in general, to say the opposite.
but possibly, see if with windows 11 it improves

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.