Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion P6-2320ed
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Some time ago I upgraded from win 8 to win 10 and everything worked fine. Recently I performed a reinstall of win 10 and lost the two USB 2.0 ports located at the back. Luckily the USB 3.0 ports at the front still work so I could connect the maouse and keyboard. The Device Manager is showing a message that I should reinstall the driver but that does not work. I could not find these drivers for win 10 at the HP website and the 8.1 version will not install. The hardware ID's are:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C2D&SUBSYS_2ADA103C&REV_05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C2D&SUBSYS_2ADA103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C2D&CC_0C0320
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C2D&CC_0C03

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C26&SUBSYS_2ADA103C&REV_05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C26&SUBSYS_2ADA103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C26&CC_0C0320
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C26&CC_0C03

I hope this could be resolved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I explored the driver file contents and it does have driver support for those ID's...

[Intel.NTamd64]
;CougarPoint USB
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C26.DeviceDesc%=INTEL_USB2,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C26
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C2D.DeviceDesc%=INTEL_USB2,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C2D

I found a slightly newer version of the chipset driver.

Instead of running the driver, I took just the USB 2 drivers out of the file, zipped them up and attached them below.

Download and unzip the files to their folder.

Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager, click on either USB controller ID needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for drivers option and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

If it does, do the same thing for the other one.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to install the W7 Intel chipset driver, restart the PC and hope that gets the USB 2 controllers to work again.

This package contains the Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver for supported notebook models and operating systems. This utility enables the operating system to show the correct name for the installed Intel hardware in the Microsoft Windows Device Manager.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55095.exe

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. I tried it and it failed; mayby because the hardware-id's did not correspond.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I explored the driver file contents and it does have driver support for those ID's...

[Intel.NTamd64]
;CougarPoint USB
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C26.DeviceDesc%=INTEL_USB2,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C26
%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C2D.DeviceDesc%=INTEL_USB2,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C2D

I found a slightly newer version of the chipset driver.

Instead of running the driver, I took just the USB 2 drivers out of the file, zipped them up and attached them below.

Download and unzip the files to their folder.

Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager, click on either USB controller ID needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for drivers option and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

If it does, do the same thing for the other one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.