Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

There are adapter cables you can buy that allow you to use an ATX PSU with the original MB but from my tons/hours of reading/searching about it you will often still get an bad PSU alarm every time the PC boots. You can just ignore dismiss the alarm because obviously the PSU is good but it's not sending that signal to the MB anymore stating it's good.  I didn't think it was worth all the hassle and ended up building a new PC.  I just use the HP as a secondary PC now and will give it to my daughter in a couple years when she's a little older, I will never buy another HP.

'Just a person trying to dodge the cow pies of life'
HP Recommended

hey , 

Thank you very much for the reply. Yeah it's Def got me stumped now cause can't really do much gaming without trying to install a graphics card. 

This adapter you mention, does it go back to 6pin? I have seen them but need one to goto 7pin molex which with hours of searching havnt been able to find. 

Anyone wanna buy a hp ? Brand new 🙂 

Don't think I would ever buy one again!

HP Recommended

My solution, next time just build your own PC or don't buy a cheap OEM.  I learned  my lesson.  Stripped it of usable parts and rebuilt it in a new case.  Upgraded the MB, cooler, and bought a case with good airflow.

HP Recommended

how much?

HP Recommended

Hey CDW (all)...

I don't seem to get all the notifications for this thread and just now saw your post. If you still want or need I can give you more information regarding the adapter cable along with links to blogs\vlogs showing the conversion, I'm pretty sure I still have the links saved and I have one or two of the cables in my spare PC parts box.

edit 11/23/19:  Sorry to everyone that emailed me and didn't get a response and sorry to those I responded to but simply couldn't be of much help. I searched everywhere and cannot find all the old links i THOUGHT i had saved, I guess I ended up deleting the folder after building the new PC. I do still have the ATX to HP MB adapter cable(s), I obviously never used them, It didn't seem worth the trouble. If anyone wants/needs close up photos of that adapter those I can send if you email at ...... mbzandhanna@yahoo.com .

'Just a person trying to dodge the cow pies of life'
HP Recommended

Hi,

Don't know if the following will help anyone in this thread but:

HP now offers a 310 watt and a 400 watt power supply purchase option for this chassis.

310 watt is part number L03980-800

400 watt is part number L04618-800

You should be able to buy either part at HP Part surfer (Link).

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello DGroves!

Could you please tell me, why the Radeon GPU upgrade is not possible even with a better PSU? I mean, there is a PCIe slot on the mainboard.

I have the same problem with a 590 p0622ng, have already bought a GTX 1650 and am about to buy the 310 W HP PSU.

You think the motherboard (https://support.hp.com/de-de/document/c06013026) will not support it?

Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

Hi Jayjay!

Thanks for your post! I got the same problem. Did you have problems installing the 310 W PSU?

I'm just worried because of this 7 pin connector, where only 3 cables are used. Does the 310 W PSU use the same color and place configuration here as the 180 PSU?

What about the two 2x2 connectors? How do you know which way arround they are to plug?

Huge Thanks!

Greetings

David

HP Recommended

@Clapeyron,

The 310w PSU worked fine.  The proprietary connection worked fine and the 2x2 connections should have labels.  My biggest problem was the case would get super hot while gaming because of poor ventilation and weak CPU cooler.  I couldn't put on a new CPU cooler because the wacky way the CPU and cooler are secured to the board.  So, in a fit I just ripped everything out and started fresh.  After doing it once, I'll build from scratch from now on.  Wasn't hard but now I have two proprietary HP PSU's lying around along with a useless motherboard and case.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.