Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbzandhanna Top Student
Top Student
3 3 0 1
Message 11 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ugrading Power Supply, atx connector issue.

There are adapter cables you can buy that allow you to use an ATX PSU with the original MB but from my tons/hours of reading/searching about it you will often still get an bad PSU alarm every time the PC boots. You can just ignore dismiss the alarm because obviously the PSU is good but it's not sending that signal to the MB anymore stating it's good.  I didn't think it was worth all the hassle and ended up building a new PC.  I just use the HP as a secondary PC now and will give it to my daughter in a couple years when she's a little older, I will never buy another HP.

'Just a person trying to dodge the cow pies of life'
0 Kudos
CDWOOPWOOP Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 12 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hey , 

Thank you very much for the reply. Yeah it's Def got me stumped now cause can't really do much gaming without trying to install a graphics card. 

This adapter you mention, does it go back to 6pin? I have seen them but need one to goto 7pin molex which with hours of searching havnt been able to find. 

Anyone wanna buy a hp ? Brand new 🙂 

Don't think I would ever buy one again!

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
20 14 1 5
Message 13 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My solution, next time just build your own PC or don't buy a cheap OEM.  I learned  my lesson.  Stripped it of usable parts and rebuilt it in a new case.  Upgraded the MB, cooler, and bought a case with good airflow.

0 Kudos
meemadd Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 14 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how much?

0 Kudos
mbzandhanna Top Student
Top Student
3 3 0 1
Message 15 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey CDW...

I don't seem to get all the notifications for this thread and just now saw your post. If you still want or need I can give you more information regarding the cable along with links to blogs\vlogs showing the conversion, I'm pretty sure I still have the links saved and I have one or two of the cables in my spare PC parts box.

reply or I can be reached at....

mbzandhanna@yahoo.com

'Just a person trying to dodge the cow pies of life'
0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
5,032 4,956 467 1,023
Message 16 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Don't know if the following will help anyone in this thread but:

HP now offers a 310 watt and a 400 watt power supply purchase option for this chassis.

310 watt is part number L03980-800

400 watt is part number L04618-800

You should be able to buy either part at HP Part surfer (Link).

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation