Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15s-du3xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, community... 

I recently bought a new HP 15s laptop on the 8th of May(2021). It has hybrid storage of 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD. Windows 10 Home is installed on SSD.  I am a programmer, and I want to install Linux as a dual boot on my laptop, specifically Manjaro Linux, on the 1TB HDD drive.

Finally to the point, the Manjaro installer isn't recognizing the HDD drive and only shows the SSD partition. Initially, I thought Manjaro ISO was corrupt, but the same happened even with ubuntu and all other Manajro and Ubuntu distributions. They weren't able to get the HDD drive in the installer and only showed the SSD.

How can get it to work with HDD detection? Is there anything I need to look into the laptop?

Here is the Computer's Specification File

Note: I want Manjaro On my HP Laptop

Any help or advice is appreciated and I will be much obliged...

In anticipation of your earliest reply.

Thanking you,

GN Vageesh

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

I am not familiar with the Manjaro Linux but I did find the tutorial for making a Live USB version.

https://itsfoss.com/create-live-usb-manjaro-linux/

I recommend that you start out with that, boot to the Live version and actually run it first.  Once that is proven to work, it also has an install version from a menu choice after you boot to the USB.

Here is a tutorial for installing if the Live version seems complicated.

https://itsfoss.com/install-manjaro-linux/

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply.... but that's what I have already done.. The problem is in the partitioning window, where I am only given the option of SSD and not HDD to select a partition

HP Recommended

While in the Live version, does it show the d drive?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

NO only the SSD is shown, even in the df  command output also

HP Recommended

So the live version of the Linux cannot see the hard drive?

Does Windows show the hard drive as available?

Please explain the abbreviation and comment "even in the df command output"

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

In windows 10 both the disk drives are visible are usual.

df is a command in Linux that lists the disks connected to the system...

HP Recommended

The Linux distros I have used are usually better than Windows in drive functions.  What does the Linux "desktop" actually say about the 1TB drive, or did you not do as I suggested?

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

The os doesnt show the 1tb disk itself

HP Recommended

If the Linux distro cannot see the disk, either, then I would say it is not compatible with that particular hardware.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.