Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Curved All-in-One - 34-b010a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my system is running an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700T CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz is it possible to simply replace the CPU with and intel 8 CPU 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, you will get all of the W11 security and cumulative updates with W11.

I have upgraded 11 non supported W11 PC's to W11 and they all have gotten the updates.

I check them against a fully supported W11 PC that I have to make sure.

Here is the information you requested...

I would make a system image of your current W10 installation prior to updating to W11, so you can easily reinstall W10 in the future.  I used the free Macrium Reflect software to do that, under the Backup at Home section. 

Along with the system image, make sure you create the bootable DVD or USB rescue drive you boot from to access the system image stored on your portable hard drive.

Macrium Software | Reflect Free Edition

To upgrade to W11, read and follow the instructions at the link below.

Windows 11 Upgrade Hack on Any Hardware | Dong Knows Tech

No registry changes needed.  No need to create installation media. 

Just download the W11 ISO file, and the guy's zip file.

Put both of those files in the same folder.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, that would not be possible.

There are only two supported Intel 7th gen core processors for that model series.

HP ENVY Curved All-in-One - 34-b010a PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

If you are interested, in upgrading your PC to W11 as is, I can post a link for how to bypass the W11 hardware checks so you can easily do an in-place upgrade to W11.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your reply and information contained, You are correct in thinking that I want to do this to upgrade to W11 , so if you have a work around be very great full for a link to do so.

Just one question will this work around receive update ??

Thanks again

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, you will get all of the W11 security and cumulative updates with W11.

I have upgraded 11 non supported W11 PC's to W11 and they all have gotten the updates.

I check them against a fully supported W11 PC that I have to make sure.

Here is the information you requested...

I would make a system image of your current W10 installation prior to updating to W11, so you can easily reinstall W10 in the future.  I used the free Macrium Reflect software to do that, under the Backup at Home section. 

Along with the system image, make sure you create the bootable DVD or USB rescue drive you boot from to access the system image stored on your portable hard drive.

Macrium Software | Reflect Free Edition

To upgrade to W11, read and follow the instructions at the link below.

Windows 11 Upgrade Hack on Any Hardware | Dong Knows Tech

No registry changes needed.  No need to create installation media. 

Just download the W11 ISO file, and the guy's zip file.

Put both of those files in the same folder.

HP Recommended

I want to thank you again,. I have downloaded and installed Win11, after making ISO Win10, and files and folder backup. W11 is working absolutely flawlessly.

Thanks to your advise and help , our (2) HP 34 curves PC's will get  longer lives, we really love these PC,s ,,so again, thank you, thank you , thank you , 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

I have noticed (at least on my PC's), that they seem to run a little bit better on W11 than they did on W10.

Slightly faster boot up times, slightly more 'pep.'

HP Recommended

Agreed, PC is smoother operating, and faster

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.