Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP P6545d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My Desktop GPU AMD Radeon HD6700

CPU i5 650@3.2Hz (4 cores)

Can I upgrade the graphic card to GTX 600 series or equivalent & above? This is to enable better VR graphic. Thank you.

Regards,

Nasa

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@scubanasa , welcome to the forum.

I can't find the specifications for your model.  I need to know the wattage of the power supply unit (PSU) and if the motherboard has UEFI or a standard/Legacy BIOS.

According to the UserBenchmark website, you can use a GTX 650 and GTX 550 Ti.  However, I will be able to verify this for certain with the information that I requested.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank you Old_geekster

I managed to find out that the motherboard is MS-7613 and not much upgrade I can do. The GPU that I am currently using is the upgraded from HP package and so the PSU to accomodate this GPU. i.e. my desktop is outdated.

I have decided to get a new CPU instead with newer GPU such as GTX1060.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @scubanasa!  Thank you for the additional information.

I knew that your computer was older because HP didn't have the product specifications on their website.  Therefore, I believe that you made a good choice.  One thing that I will suggest is, consider a SSD.  The  SSD will increase system performance considerably.

Here is the memory and SSD's that Crucial Memory recommends for your computer.  As you will see, the maximum memory is 16 GB.  Additional memory would make a big difference, also.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.