Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 750-624
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to replace the graphics card with an upgraded version. Do you know what options I have in this area? As I am understanding I will likely also need to upgrade my power supply. Can someone guide me in the right direction for what I am needing to do? Thanks a ton for reading and replying to my really elementary approach to this topic. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@CoachHoy,

The stock unit had no added GPU card, just the motherboard integrated,

Why?   Is it for an intense game, if so, name it?

Working backwards.  A Corsair CX 650 is the max PSU I would ever recommend. It is an exact fit.  The Zotac GTX 1080 mini is 8.3" long, and costs $859. Is this were you need to be ?  CPU might be OK, but the RAM is maxed out at 16 GB.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

It is for Fortnite. 😬

The one included meets the minimums but it IS causing issues when I am playing.

I do NOT want to pay $859. I want something around $200-300 but that is highly rated for that price range.

HP Recommended

@CoachHoy,

Shocked you. huh?  OK, for Fortnite

Some GTX 1050Ti 75W cards,  do not have need for a PCIe 6 pin can be used with any 300W PSU.

This GTX 1050Ti has the need for a PCIe 6 pin, that the 430W PSU has.  Card is 9" long.  Measure .

430W (for the future based on price)

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hello
the required configuration is not huge

https://systemreqs.com/fr/jeu/fortnite

vidia GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870 equivalent DX11 GPU, 2 GByte VRAM

The first reference given by @wb2001 , allows you to avoid buying a power supply module, this card should be largely sufficient
The one you indicated requires a more powerful power supply
you can avoid this

instead in the future you could replace the hard drive with an SSD if that's what you have:

https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/c05792870

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@CoachHoy,

That link is to the GTX 1650 Super Gaming X, as shown here.    Not a 1060Ti.   (Your a tad nervous ?). That is understood.   It is a 100W card, and 9.7 inches.  Good on watts for the 430W PSU. 

Cut a piece of heavy cardboard 4.3" x 9.8" and see if it drops into place.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.