Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 23 All-In-One PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade the RAM in my computer, but am having difficulty. I have an HP Pavillion All-In-One *desktop*, but the specifications given by HP suggest *laptop* RAM.

I have:
HP Pavillion 23 All-In-One PC
Serial No. [edit]
Product No. H6U73AA#ABA
Model No. 23b364

The HP website gives the following specification:
Single channel memory architecture
Two 204-pin DDR3 SO-DIMM sockets
Supports the following:
PC3 10600 (1333 MHz)
Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB and 8 GB DIMMs
Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit systems

The HP specifications do not give voltage, but DDR3 implies 1.5v. However, the speed (PC3 10600) implies laptop which uses 1.35v.

Newegg.com sells:
G.SKILL 16GB (2 x 8G) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Laptop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-16GBSQ
But right in this description it says "Laptop Memory", which seems to be the case in most/all the RAM I'm finding that I think might work.
(The link is: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231531&Description=204-pin%20SODIMM%2c%20D...)

Can anyone confirm the proper voltage for my RAM? Will the above work?  Any other suggestions?

Thank you,

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Brian:

Your PC uses laptop-type memory. 

DDR3 laptop memory comes in two different voltages 1.5V, which is DDR3, which is what you need, and 1.35V, which is DDR3L, which is not supported in your model, according to the specs.

The memory you selected in your link will work, but it appears to be out of stock.

Looks like this seller on ebay has the same brand and spec.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/G-SKILL-16GB-2-x-8G-204-Pin-DDR3-SO-DIMM-DDR3-1333-PC3-10600-Laptop-Memory-...

If you look at the picture of the motherboard your PC has, you can see the laptop-type memory slots located in the upper right quarter of the picture.

Photograph of motherboard

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Brian:

Your PC uses laptop-type memory. 

DDR3 laptop memory comes in two different voltages 1.5V, which is DDR3, which is what you need, and 1.35V, which is DDR3L, which is not supported in your model, according to the specs.

The memory you selected in your link will work, but it appears to be out of stock.

Looks like this seller on ebay has the same brand and spec.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/G-SKILL-16GB-2-x-8G-204-Pin-DDR3-SO-DIMM-DDR3-1333-PC3-10600-Laptop-Memory-...

If you look at the picture of the motherboard your PC has, you can see the laptop-type memory slots located in the upper right quarter of the picture.

Photograph of motherboard

HP Recommended

Thank you *very* much!  I really appreciate your taking the time to share your knowledege and help others ('me') out.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please post back and let us know how your memory upgrade project went.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.