Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
24-b212na Z7C38EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to know if I can change my hard drive for a SSD to improve the speed of my 24-b212na AIO. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@markelsh , welcome to the Community.

@markelsh wrote:

I want to know if I can change my hard drive for a SSD to improve the speed of my 24-b212na AIO. Thanks

Yes, you can upgrade the HDD to a SSD.  Here is one that should work for you.  Also, you will most likely need an adapter to do the cloning of the HDD to the SSD.  You can use the adapter to connect the HDD to the computer to use as storage or connect another SSD.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@markelsh , welcome to the Community.

@markelsh wrote:

Yes, you can upgrade the HDD to a SSD.  Here is one that should work for you.  Also, you will most likely need an adapter to do the cloning of the HDD to the SSD.  You can use the adapter to connect the HDD to the computer to use as storage or connect another SSD.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

That's great thanks, could you recommend a ram manufacturer to take it up from 8gb to 16gb, the system says it has 8GB Samsung 2400MHz in mem slot 1 but I can not find a suitable samsung piece. 

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @markelsh!

According to the specifications the memory that came with your computer is DDR4-2133 MHz.  This is the basic speed for memory modules.  Here is the memory that is recommended by Crucial Memory.  If Crucial recommends one of their products it is guaranteed to work.  It would be best if you bought a matching pair of memory and replaced the current 8 GB.  This is because the motherboard has "Dual channel memory architecture" and matched pairs will give you the best performance.  Crucial makes very good products.  Of course, this is entirely up to you.

You may want to consider replacing your HDD with a SSD.  This would definitely increase system performance considerably.  I will never have another computer without a SSD boot drive.  If you decide to go this route, you will need an adapter to clone the HDD to the SSD.  You can use the adapter to connect the HDD to your computer for storage or a backup drive to boot from if you have problems.

I know this is more than you asked for, but I like to help members increase the speed of their computers.  If you have further questions, let me know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.