Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
22-b030na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am having this HP All in one - 22-b030na - intel Core i3-6100U. It is slow and 

I would like to upgrade it to Intel Core i5-6200U (Skylake-U) Dual Core (4 Thread) processor

or if possible sell it and get a better All in One. 

Thanks for your suggestion

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The processor is an integral part of the motherboard and cannot be upgraded.   See the specs below...processor upgrade information.

HP All-in-One - 22-b030na PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

You would need to replace the motherboard with the part number that comes with the i5 processor.

The parts list does not provide any part numbers for either motherboard.

HP PartSurfer

Even if you could find the right motherboard with the i5 processor, I would imagine the costs of doing such an upgrade would greatly outweigh the benefits.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The processor is an integral part of the motherboard and cannot be upgraded.   See the specs below...processor upgrade information.

HP All-in-One - 22-b030na PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

You would need to replace the motherboard with the part number that comes with the i5 processor.

The parts list does not provide any part numbers for either motherboard.

HP PartSurfer

Even if you could find the right motherboard with the i5 processor, I would imagine the costs of doing such an upgrade would greatly outweigh the benefits.

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul.

So the best solution is to get a new PC then 🙂

Thank you

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.