cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
aniketwalke
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Upgrade of CPU and RAM for AIO 23-p232d

HP Recommended
Paviliopn 23-p232d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI All,

I am toying on idea of  upgrading my AIO desktop with new generation  or higher generation CPU and RAM.

Current  Proceessor is I5 4460 4th Gen and Ram is 8gb DDR3 .

What is the latest generation i can upgrade if at all possible  without touching MB and bios.

Aniket

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,650 9,296 2,965 11,396
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@aniketwalke , welcome to the Community.

Here is the Product Specifications page for the computer.  If you look at the sections titled "Processor/Processor upgrade information and Memory/Memory upgrade information" it will tell you the processors and memory that are compatible with your motherboard.  The fastest processor that is compatible is the i7-4790T and the maximum memory is 16 GB of DDR3-1600.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@aniketwalke , welcome to the Community.

Here is the Product Specifications page for the computer.  If you look at the sections titled "Processor/Processor upgrade information and Memory/Memory upgrade information" it will tell you the processors and memory that are compatible with your motherboard.  The fastest processor that is compatible is the i7-4790T and the maximum memory is 16 GB of DDR3-1600.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

aniketwalke
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks   i checked this earlier  as well  so i can just upgrade to 4th Gen  i7 not more than that and memory is 2 PCCIm slots 8 GB already max .  This is constraint so i can not make the specs high  for this machine. 

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @aniketwalke!

You could remove the current 8 GB and upgrade with 2 x 8 GB to maximum of 16 GB.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation