Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 600 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bonjour

Je possède un  HP ProDesk 600 G 3 avec processeur  Intel Core i5-6500 CPU 3.20 GHz quatre cœur non compatible avec Windows 11.

Je 'aimerai savoir s'il est possible de l'upgrader avec un processeur compatible, et si oui avec quel modèle

Merci pour vos réponses

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there! Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community! 🙂

We advise you to post your question in English to insure a quick response for the Community. This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

BiancaS.

I work on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi there! Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community! 🙂

We advise you to post your question in English to insure a quick response for the Community. This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Kind regards,

BiancaS.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
Hello

I have an HP ProDesk 600 G 3 with Intel Core i5-6500 CPU 3.20 GHz quad core not compatible with Windows 11.

I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade it with a compatible processor, and if so with which model

Thank you for your answers
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, there aren't any processors that you can install that support W11.

If your 600 G3 has a TPM 2.0 device, it is pretty easy to do an in-place upgrade to W11.

Here's how...

I would make a system image of your current W10 installation prior to updating to W11, so you can easily reinstall W10 in the future.  I used the free Macrium Reflect software to do that, under the Backup at Home section. 

Along with the system image, make sure you create the bootable DVD or USB rescue drive you boot from to access the system image stored on your portable hard drive.

Macrium Software | Reflect Free Edition

First make this registry change...

https://www.hellpc.net/how-to-bypass-tpm-and-cpu-requirements-windows-11-upgrade-unsupported-pc/

Then download the Windows 11 ISO file (3rd option), not the W11 installation assistant.

Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com)

Use Rufus and make a bootable USB installer with the ISO file you downloaded.

There is a new option to create an installer that is supposed to bypass the W11 hardware checks. 

Here is the link to the Rufus download.  You want the version 3.17 portable.

Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

See this image link for how to set up the Rufus tool to bypass the W11 hardware checks...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/296479i080A4C679280E055/image-size/large/is-...

Now, before you try and clean install W11, see if you can get the in-place upgrade by opening the W11 USB installer Rufus created, and click on the setup application to launch the upgrade.

If your notebook has a TPM, W11 may let you do an in-place upgrade if you want.

If you get the 'This PC is not supported' window, then you will have to clean install W11.

My unsupported W11 PC's got all of the W11 updates. 

I have upgraded 8 of them to W11, and they seem to run a little better on W11 than they did on W10.

However, I don't know how long they will continue to get all of the updates, or what will happen when the new build of W11 comes out next year in October.

HP Recommended
Tank You for your answer, but I know that on HP motherboards it is possible to change the processor. I cannot find on the HP site how to proceed
Gerald

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, I know it is possible to replace the processor.

The problem is...your PC's motherboard only supports the Intel 6th and 7th gen core processors.

No Intel 8th gen core processors are supported.

Below is the link the HP Quickspecs for the 600 G3 model series, where you can find the list of supported processors...starting on page 12.

HP ProDesk 600 G3 Business PC Series QuickSpecs

HP Recommended
Thank you very much for your help
Gerald
HP Recommended

Anytime, Gerald.

Glad to have been of assistance. 

Cheers, 

Paul 

HP Recommended

Bonjour,

J'ai un 600 G2 avec le  même processeur.

J'ai installé Win11 (avec shunt TPM, CPU ...) en dual boot avec Win10 au cas où pour l'instant.

Ca marche parfaitement.

Il y a toutes les MAJ.

Au mieux, tu pourrais mettre un I5 8500 (officiellement compatible) sur la socket de la carte mère et ca va te couter plus cher que le PC lui même.

Quand tu regardes les caractéristiques  6500 / 8500, elles sont pratiquement identiques. Donc pas étonnant que le 6500 fonctionne parfaitement.

HP Recommended

hey @michel45 

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We advise you to post your question in English to insure a quick response for the Community.This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Regards,

MarcusC

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.