Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP - Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 - 8GB Memory - 256GB SSD - Black Product ID: Z5793970
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to buy this pc to make it a gaming pc I currently have 2 x8gb for16gb ram dual channel 3200 a psu 500w and 1650 super 4gb pny is this pc compatible for this type of upgrade ?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@jcvillan 

Not a valid product number. What is the exact model number.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

M01-F1024 this is all the info I get from the website

HP Recommended

so far I haven't got that much feed back but I went ahead and purchase the pre build hoping to get some support soon

HP Recommended

@jcvillan 

Very bad decision buying before I got back to you. See the specs. as shown here.

The HP M01 series utilizes a proprietary designed NON-compliant PSU.   It is not an ATX PSU.

The max proprietary PSU is 500W, but you have to order it ($125).  (2-3 months is average delay).

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hello
I like HP computers in general!
But whatever you choose ...
You already have a few items, if you want to have a gaming computer, whatever you choose from hp.
you may have difficulties, especially with your power supply, many models need a specific box
Not sure that the memory will be compatible with what is in place
And other possibilities of disadvantages
And it will be the same with many top brand computers.
Buy what you need instead, and you will have something more scalable over time

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I appreciate you can you help me on getting some part numbers or even some other alternatives ?

HP Recommended

Wait and see if @wb2001  can offer you an HP model

for my part, I would not advise you one more than the other for that
Then, as we are here, to speak only of HP product, I could not give you advice for other brands.
In addition there are many specialized forums, where users mainly do just that.
if not, you may have sites, such as in France where you can use basic assembly, configure them from a to z, the computer can be delivered assembled or not, etc.
I think it is the simplest, otherwise you will have to look everywhere for what you want
I do not have time to search, it is a site that I have on hand in French, for example

https://www.topachat.com/pages/produits_cat_est_ordinateurs_puis_rubrique_est_w_pc_top.html

https://www.topachat.com/pages/configomatic.php

it is just to show you, I do not oblige you to anything, moreover, I have never tested

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.