Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion p6754y
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

P6754y product# BV545AA#ABA

Hey, first time here.  Looking to upgrade a few things on my PC and just want to make sure they will work.

1- Diamond Multimedia AMD Radeon HD 5450 PCI Express GDDR3 1gb(dvi,hdmi,vga) low profile enhanced heatsink video graphics card(5450PE31G)

2-Power supply 600w semi modular 80+ Bronze, GAMEMAX VP-600-M-RGB

3-OFFTEK 4gb ram memory for HP-COMPAQ Pavilion p6754y (DDR3-10600-non-ecc)Desktop memory upgrade

I opened up the desktop and noticed there are two 2gb ram memory cards...will it work if I add the 4gb ram memory card to make 8 total, or am i going to have to remove the two 2gb ram cards and install 2 of the 4gb ram memory cards mentioned above.  
Im doing these upgrades because im building an arcade cabinet and using my pc as the brains.  
thanks everyone!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Bunit1,

Interesting thoughts for a 10 year old unit.

1) The HD 5450 is only a 19W card.  It is powered from the PCIe slot.

2) The original PSU is 250W,  it might work. Even an upgrade to 300W is OK.   600W is not needed.

3) Your need to add another "pair". Otherwise it will revert to single channel mode.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Bunit1,

Interesting thoughts for a 10 year old unit.

1) The HD 5450 is only a 19W card.  It is powered from the PCIe slot.

2) The original PSU is 250W,  it might work. Even an upgrade to 300W is OK.   600W is not needed.

3) Your need to add another "pair". Otherwise it will revert to single channel mode.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Ok. So Ill just look for a 350-400 watt then...just in case i add more stuff for the arcade cabinet. Just to be safe.  And for the RAM, Ill just buy two new 4s so they are both the same brand. 
Thank you for your response!!!  Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.