Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP compaq 6000 pro SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hey! I'm considering changing the processor on my computer, right now is under intel core 2 duo E7500 and I would like to know if I can change it to a Core I3 the mother board I have is 3048h HP, so far I have seen so many reviews with this processor but I would like to know if that will be useful or will burn my motherboard thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Sorry, don't see i3-xxxx support on this chipset (Q43 Express).

I see Celeron, Pentium, and Core 2 Duo or Core 2 Quad support (Link).

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you so much that covers my question!

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Mreg5789,

You're very welcome.

Regards

HP Recommended

The processors are required to be updated, but you cannot literally update the processor, these processors are all different and have the different clock speed based on the higher generation processor, if you have i3 processor then i5 or i7 generation would be preferable, which have relatively higher clocking speed. I have had the same issue to understand, however, facebook has helped me to understand the processor necessary and the changes in the clock speed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.