Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Model : OMEN 25L Desktop - GT12-0235se

What is the top of the line  internal ssd 4tb that's supports my model pc  and for gaming ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Nick775 , welcome to the Community.

The motherboard has "One M.2 socket 3, key M (for SSD card PCIe x4 Gen 3)" for a M.2. SSD.  I like Samsung SSD's because they appear to work good with the HP BIOS/UEFI.  Here is a M.2, SSD, that I believe should be compatible with your motherboard.  I suggest that you contact Samsung's Tech Support to make certain.  They are the experts on their products and will be able to tell you all of the benefits.  It is a bit pricey.  I don't want you to buy it and have to return it.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Nick775 , welcome to the Community.

The motherboard has "One M.2 socket 3, key M (for SSD card PCIe x4 Gen 3)" for a M.2. SSD.  I like Samsung SSD's because they appear to work good with the HP BIOS/UEFI.  Here is a M.2, SSD, that I believe should be compatible with your motherboard.  I suggest that you contact Samsung's Tech Support to make certain.  They are the experts on their products and will be able to tell you all of the benefits.  It is a bit pricey.  I don't want you to buy it and have to return it.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information ... I bought Samsung - 990 PRO 4TB Internal SSD PCIe Gen 4x4 NVMe with Heatsink for PS5 from Best buy and when i installed it with windows 11  my OS kept coming up with the blue screen of death .I've updated the BIOS  and still no luck .. I was able to return it. I thought its because its a GEN 4 SSD and not Gen 3 ??? I'm guessing ..any ideas?

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Nick775!

I am not certain that the generation difference will cause a BSOD.  The Gen. 4 would normally be backward compatible.  You could contact Samsung's Tech Support to see if they can give you an explanation of why it didn't work.  If you used Samsung's Data Migration software it should have been installed correctly.

HP Recommended

quick question.  

Model ....GT12-0235se 

Crucial T705 4TB PCIe Gen5 NVMe M.2 SSD with heatsink

will it work with my desktop.

HP Recommended

@Nick775 , welcome back to the Community.

This is a question that I can't answer with any certainty.  The M.2 socket on your motherboard is Gen. 3.  

It should be backward compatible, but I suggest that you contact Crucial's Tech Support to see if they can answer your question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.