Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
M01-f0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I've been looking to upgrade my gpu and psu in my m01-f0024 and saw on another thread that someone successfully installed a pny GTX 1650 super in another PC in the m01 series. The stock expansion slots are 1 PCIe x1; 1 PCIe x16; 2 M.2. Would the 1650 super fit in these? On the PNY website it says it requires PCI-Express 3.0 ×16. I don't know much about PCle's so I guess I'm asking if the m01-f0024 has 3.0's since it doesn't specifically state which generation of PCle. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Momotcg , welcome to the Community.

Here is a HP Knowledge Base article to explain what you have to consider when upgrading the video card: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Knowledge-Base/Upgrade-Video-Card/ta-p/7481981

The three main things that you have to consider are: 1) the length of the card.  The article explains how to measure the space to assure there is good airflow. 2) the wattage to run the card properly and 3) does the card require any 1x6-pin, 1x8-pin or both PCIe power connectors.

I believe that the PCI Express x16 slot is most likely Gen 3.0  However, the cards will be backward compatible.  You just won't get the full benefit of the card if it is not Gen 3.0.  It may show the generation near the slot on the motherboard.

The first thing that you will have to do is upgrade the power supply unit (PSU).  The current PSU is only 180W.  This is not near enough wattage to power a GTX 1650 properly.  The motherboard in your computer is HP proprietary. It has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector. You will have to buy any PSU upgrade from HP.  HP has a 500W PSU (L05757-800) that should work for you.  I have researched the Erica and Erica2 motherboards and they have the same power connectors.

Here is the PSU on HP PartSurfer: https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=L05757-800

You can order it by clicking the box next to "Add to Cart".

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank you this was super helpful! I'll have to go check the Mobo to see if it says it. And yeah I was considering either using the 942332-001 or the L05757-800. The 500w would be preferable but partsurfer won't load for me for some reason. Could it be because I'm trying to use it on mobile? The L05757-800 is much harder to find anywhere else which I why I figured I could make it work with the 400w.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @Momotcg!

I am not certain why the app won't open on your mobile device.  I would use a computer to do any ordering.

I realize that all of HP's PSU's are back-logged because of higher than usual demands.  The 400W will limit the video card more than the 500W.  You will have to decide which way you want to go.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.