Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24-r100na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Looking to upgrade my HP All-in-One 24-r100na RAM as multitasking well known graphics/imaging software on the original 8GB is, to use a huge understatement, slow 😅. Official HP Statistics state the maximum RAM as 16GB and most stockists recommend the 2 x 8GB however the command prompt states the maximum RAM capacity as 33554432 (32GB).  Anyone know if its worth me following the command prompt and paying the extra for the 2 x 16GB given that general day to day is already hovering around 80-85% of my current RAM usage (without running any huge programs) or will I just be wasting money?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The Crucial memory report for your PC indicates that you can install a max of 2 x 16 GB of memory.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | pavilion 24 series | Pavilion 24-r100na All-in-One | Cruci...

8 GB:

Crucial 8GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM | CT8G4SFRA266 | Crucial UK

16 GB:

Crucial 16GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM | CT16G4SFD8266 | Crucial UK

Perhaps you can install one 16 GB chip in the empty slot and have 24 GB of memory, and see if that makes things acceptable.

The official HP memory upgrade specs for your PC indicate the max memory is 2 x 8 GB, but the Crucial report is almost always right.

HP Pavilion 24-r100na All-in-One Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

If you are at 80% memory usage with 8 GB, installing another 8 GB should knock that down to around 40% and adding another 16 GB of memory should reduce the usage further than that--perhaps to 25%, which would be a good place to be.

The processor spec calls for DDR4-2666 MHz memory...not sure why HP indicates the memory speed is only 2400 MHz.

Intel® Core™ i5-8400T Processor (9M Cache, up to 3.30 GHz) Product Specifications

Below is the link to the service manual...

Upgrading and Servicing Guide (EMEA with shipping label) (hp.com)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The Crucial memory report for your PC indicates that you can install a max of 2 x 16 GB of memory.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | pavilion 24 series | Pavilion 24-r100na All-in-One | Cruci...

8 GB:

Crucial 8GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM | CT8G4SFRA266 | Crucial UK

16 GB:

Crucial 16GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM | CT16G4SFD8266 | Crucial UK

Perhaps you can install one 16 GB chip in the empty slot and have 24 GB of memory, and see if that makes things acceptable.

The official HP memory upgrade specs for your PC indicate the max memory is 2 x 8 GB, but the Crucial report is almost always right.

HP Pavilion 24-r100na All-in-One Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

If you are at 80% memory usage with 8 GB, installing another 8 GB should knock that down to around 40% and adding another 16 GB of memory should reduce the usage further than that--perhaps to 25%, which would be a good place to be.

The processor spec calls for DDR4-2666 MHz memory...not sure why HP indicates the memory speed is only 2400 MHz.

Intel® Core™ i5-8400T Processor (9M Cache, up to 3.30 GHz) Product Specifications

Below is the link to the service manual...

Upgrading and Servicing Guide (EMEA with shipping label) (hp.com)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.