Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
700-220ex
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone 

i want to upgrade my pc GPU since I bought it in 2014 but I have several problems, could anyone help ?

my pc is 700-220ex as written above it comes with INTEL CORE i7-4770 I will put links to show everything 

here is the motherboard info: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-700-200-desktop-pc-series/5399651/model/6838949/documen...

so that is the CPU

then i got some information from the bookstore I bought it from : https://www.jarir.com/sa-en/hp-envy-700-220ex-cpu-419170.html

Then the current GPU is GT 640 4GB  and the power supply provides 460 w 

soo here is my question can I upgrade the GPU to one of 16 series of Nvidia cards ? If anyone could help here the massage stops ((the following is my perspective))

i am thinking about GTX 1660 6GB https://www.newegg.com/global/sa-ar/asus-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-ph-gtx1660ti-o6g/p/N82E16814126299?Desc...

This one requires 120 w and minimum of 450 w PSU  

Not many compatibilities about this i know but here little information I got :

the mother board ms-8726 has two slot for DDR3 and the card Is DDR6 

the bookstore wrote that my GPU is integrated ,i don’t know  🤔  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The 1660 in your post should work if a minimum 450 watt power supply is required . You will need a six or eight pin connection to the 1660 from the existing 460 watt power supply. You will have to check this. You may have to upgrade the power supply.

Things to do before you install the new graphics card:

Uninstll current graphics card drivers

Enter the BIOS to disable Secure boot and enable Legacy support (Link to instructions).

Install the new card.

Install correct Nvidia drivers.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The 1660 in your post should work if a minimum 450 watt power supply is required . You will need a six or eight pin connection to the 1660 from the existing 460 watt power supply. You will have to check this. You may have to upgrade the power supply.

Things to do before you install the new graphics card:

Uninstll current graphics card drivers

Enter the BIOS to disable Secure boot and enable Legacy support (Link to instructions).

Install the new card.

Install correct Nvidia drivers.

Regards

HP Recommended

Yes I think 🤔  I have 6pin +2pin connectors available (I am not sure is it 6+2 pin or 2 pin + 6 pin)

the Card needs 8pin connection, if mine is 6+2 pin that is great, otherwise I have to read more about it **(I am not sure if I can use an adapter to make both pins work as 8 or not so I have to check it as mentioned)

Then Thanks for your additional infos very appreciate it 👍🏼 Thanks 

HP Recommended

HI Aziz07ksa_123,

You're very welcome.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.