Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01-2000a (2Z6E1AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Bought a new PC Nov 7th from notebookbiliger (Germany). Should be brand new. But the SSD HD does show operating time of 2051 h and the HDD does show >300h operating time. How can this be? NB tells me, they dont care and I have to ask HP how this can be. My support request to HP was not answered. Who does have similiar experiences? How can this be explained and how can I find out, whether this is a PC used before?

Any hint it helpfull

Thanks in Advance

Christian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @zipo,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing an issue with your HP Product. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

We shall escalate this issue to the concerned team.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

hi

the reseller is responsible for his sale, he must answer you
Difficult to know if your information is correct, or if there is a problem..
if a computer left the factory in new condition, it must have new components
It is possible that the material is of the reconditioned type, but in this case the seller must display it
I can't even tell you to check the warranty, because sometimes it's not correct, either.

HP PCs, printers - Dispute a warranty status | HP® Customer Support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for your comment. I used the link before to check the warranty status. However, there is no button to dispute the indicated warranty period, so I can not change it.

Regards

Christian

HP Recommended

The reseller does reject any reponsibility, they say, they delivered the PC as delivered by HP to them and they did not change or modify any components and they say, it is the responsibility of HP in case they build in used components like in this case. They told me I must contact HP. 

I opened a case yesterday morning, but no reaction by HP yet

Christian

HP Recommended

Gesetzliche Haftung für Sachmängel

it's European law

What does the warranty date tell you?
I tested, and it works

https://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty
I clicked on the link, gave a serial number S/N of a printer out of warranty

this gives me the product page

Warranty status details for your product: Expired

and then I have the same as mentioned in the link

Message with Dispute this link highlighted
--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Unfortunately in my case the Page does not offer the Dispute this option.

However, it is more important why I have used components in my new PC. HP did not react on my question. Hope for clarification after the weekend. They must find out whether this PC was used before November 7th.

HP Recommended

In case of breakdown it will be important that the warranty is valid
Hiding personal information
can you show me what you have, after entering the information..
have you tried another web browser?

and how do you find usage information?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Hi, I used crystalDiskInfo in order to find the operation time of the SSD and HDD

Bild1.jpgBild2.jpg

HP Recommended

Before I figured out the problem with the warranty start, I already did extend the warranty period by paying 40 Euro for it. I can try to send you the warranty check result, not sure, if the data format I have will be accepted here.

Regards

Christian

HP Recommended

HP product warranty results HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01-2000a (2Z6E1AV) _ HP® Customer Support.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.