Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6623w Desktop PC

My VGA port on my desktop is broken and has been sitting in the basement for 5 years now and it still works but like I said, the VGA port is disconnected. All my VGA cables and VGA capable monitors/tv's work. So it has yo be the port itself on the desktop thats disconnected. I was moving the desktop about 4 1/2 years ago and I hit the VGA port on a countertop corner and feels and looks loose. I just want to know how to fix it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Pugs5567
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

This sounds like a hardware related issue,

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Pugs5567
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

This sounds like a hardware related issue,

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is it the 'on-board' VGA on the mainboard? Or is it an add-in video card?

In either case, installing or replacing an add-in video card should solve the issue. That's if you still need to use VGA. Perhaps there's other ports available such as DVI, Display Port or HDMI? Your monitor should have at least DVI.

HP Recommended

Does anyone know how much it would cost?

HP Recommended

You could try looking for something like an nVidia GeForce GF210 or similar on eBay. They're about $30 AUD.

HP Recommended

If the VGA connector is horizontal it is on the motherboard and if vertical it is a video card.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

So my parents took it in and apperently the entire motherboard is fried and were getting it repaired. It wasnt the VGA port at all. Thanks for all your support guys!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.