Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop PC GT13-1000a (207P7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

After updating to BIOS version F.13 from F.12, my front USB ports does not work anymore for USB 2 devices (USB device not recognized and on Device manager it has code 43 for USB Port reset request failed)

(it does not work with my mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed and USB DAC SMSL M300 MKII, and USB 2 SATA adapter, but somehow it works with a USB 3 SATA adapter).

The effective RAM speed also has been downgraded from 3466 to 3200 (the RAM I have is DDR4 3730).

I have been trying to downgrade the BIOS to F.12 through Firmware Management in F2 boot, but I kept getting BIOS Signature file error. I also tried the Windows HP Bios Update and Recovery, but there is no option for rollback.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

hi

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-30l-desktop-pc-gt13-1000a/2100404772/model/2100404775/prod...

so you have this one ?

Hana motherboard specifications

• Dual channel (2 DIMMs per channel) memory architecture

• Four DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets

• Supports up to PC4-25600 (DDR4-3200)

• Supports 8 GB and 16 GB DDR4 UDIMMs

• Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems

Note:

32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.

• Supports up to 64 GB (unbuffered) with 16 GB DIMMs on 64-bit computers

HP OMEN PCs – Configure XMP-compatible memory that is not verified by HP

I don't think you have this, but check

for the usb, disconnect all that is not necessary
turn off the computer, unplug it, long press on / off
reconnect the power, restart and directly f10 several times to open the bios
Load/save defaults, reboot
if not better, open device manager, uninstall usb devices, not working, reboot
Try a usb device, after reinstalling the usb controller

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The BIOS does not have any option for memory configuration or anything related to RAM.

I tried looking for any driver updates through the HP driver website and Windows optional update, but I did not find any.

The front USB port does not work with any USB2 devices (mouse, keyboard, USB2 SATA adapter, printer, etc...) only after the BIOS update. The only device that works with the front USB port is my USB3 SATA adapter.

The BIOS rollback should fix all these issues, but it keeps throwing a "BIOS signature file" error.

HP Recommended

it seemed fine to me, you don't have the OC model, but in doubt..
that said, I'm quite surprised if the memory has been recognized at one time, at another speed, because the motherboard indicates the opposite
also the processor.

https://www.amd.com/fr/products/apu/amd-ryzen-5-5600g

Up to 3200MHz

So nothing possible on this side, skipping the use of third-party software, with no guarantee of success!
For the rest,( usb )  I don't know what was finally tested

for the return of the bios, it is more often risky than possible
no solution for me

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The computer was set up straight from OOBE and no third party software was used to alter any configuration.

I noticed the RAM speed was running at 3466 and that I have a 3730 Kit after checking with CPU-Z, HWINFO64 and Windows Task Manager, but when I check BIOS setting there is no settings for RAM.

A quick google search for "HP Omen 30L XMP" shows a video that says a BIOS update added XMP support

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QeYz5AQGZ4

I updated the BIOS in hoping that it would add XMP capability, but after updating the BIOS it instead downgraded the RAM and broke the front USB ports.

Rolling back the BIOS should fix the issues, but it is throwing "BIOS Signature file" error.

After one year, it is finally here, a bios from HP for the Omen 30L that is giving us an option for aftermarket memory XMP profiles in the BIOS, so we are no longer stuck with JEDEC and slow timings! Support me directly with a small coffee! https://www.buymeacoffee.com/HardwareSense 0:00 ...
HP Recommended

Which model do you have exactly?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-30l-desktop-pc-gt13-1000a/2100404772/model/2100404775/prod...

what you have seen is only for some motherboard..

Solved: Memory Upgrade for OMEN GT13-1765nd - HP Support Community - 8223393

Solved: Re: Overclocking RAM in the BIOS - HP Support Community - 8166347

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

The specific model is listed on the very first post.

The fact is the BIOS update F.13 and F.14 downgraded the effective speed of the RAM and broke the front USB ports.

HP support is utter garbage. I tried to find a way to send an email to technical support team, but everytime it just directs you to a local third party service center which is useless for this issue.

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.