Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion H8-1110t tower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've bought a 4K monitor but need to upgrade from a factory GT530 to another basic driver for 4K quality. I have the upgraded BIOS but every time I put in a graphics card it just beeps. Does anyone know what card will work with my motherboard? I'm not a gamer so all I need it for is my visual stimulation's.   Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello
obviously your computer is not uefi ..
Therefore, you cannot use graphics cards that only support this mode.
It seems to me that this is compromised.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-hpe-h8-1100-desktop-pc-series/5146418/model/5155331...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I’m sorry but I don’t understand your answer 

HP Recommended

Here is my serial number 2MD1430JDF it was a customized special order. HP website will tell you what’s on it. I have since upgraded the memory to double and increased the hard drive capacity and the operating system to Windows 10 Pro. Thank you for your help In advance, 

HP Recommended

no, sorry i can't know
we just have this:

HP Pavilion Elite h8-1110t Product Specifications and Configurable Options

About UEFI and the Startup Menu

impossible to know the exact configuration for us!
that said that doesn't change anything
you cannot install recent uefi compatible cards.
What is it that you don't understand?
and that you have therefore tried as a card, we can not guess either!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Cannot is not a word I’m used to seeing. It’s can’t or can not. So, your answer was hard to understand the meaning. So, is there an HP OEM graphics card that will work with my motherboard? If my motherboard isn’t UEFI, then what is it?  Can I buy one that is compatible with this AMI Chicago motherboard? 

HP Recommended

I will give my place to someone who speaks perfect English it will be easier I think

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Instead of getting offended , all you had to do was say it can or can’t be done. Instead you made it about you. You get upset because I couldn’t understand your response, how does that help? I asked you to just tell me is there a card that will work with my motherboard. It’s not a hard question. If there is one I’d like to buy it from HP. Thank you 

HP Recommended

It wasn’t an opinion but a judgement and I have reported the person that offended me. Hopefully I will get someone who has proper grammar and gives me a direct answer. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.