Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion TP01-1026
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My system has a Baker motherboard, 4 pin power plug to mother board, I5 processor, built in graphics, I want to put a gaming video card in, but power supply will not support it, can I upgrade the power supply and if so, with what? Has standard proprietary 180W power supply.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am sorry, I have to ask the following question:

Why did you buy this PC, knowing the PSU was inadequate for your upgrade options? HP makes PCs that use higher capacity power supplies.

Refer to this HP Forum document (Link) created by @wb2001 for assistance.

@wb2001 can help if your product is not on the list at the above link. There should be a power supply upgrade match based upon your chassis and motherboard. This match may be limited by the graphics card upgrade you are considering. You must also measure to see if the new graphics card will fit: in the motherboard and the chassis.

Regards

HP Recommended

@Grzwacz 

Yes, thank for the "blip" to assist.

@DAW1062,

So you have a Baker board. I had a very gracious member share some pictures of the Baker board, as shown here.  The PSU has (2) 2x2 power plugs, and an inline 7 pin (white).  I see you missed some ? The 180's lack any PCIe 6 pin power plug.  It is hard to keep up with all the different models, but rest assured the TP01 is just a series number. Individual models reflect their configuration.   Any of the PSU's on the list can replace the 180W.  The max is the 500W  L05757-800.  You can look at the GPU cards mentioned, and  it will correspond to a PSU wattage.

The TP01 and M01 series are relatively new, and there is little (HP) documentation for we "volunteers" to study.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

I bought it to meet needs for working form home, which is does great, only recently a game caught my eye. I only see one system with the Baker mother board, but my processor is a I5, so not sure if it matches, nor do I know how to tell if an upgrade will fit my chasis.

HP Recommended

@DAW1062,

Any of the listed power supplies will work. The GPU card is the choice you make, and the length of the card is also important.

What recent game caught your eye ?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

L69242-800  is the only 400W shown for the baker motherboard. I need dimensions though to know if it will fit my chassis.

HP Recommended

Might be best to go with the 500W Lo5757-800, but do not know if it is compatible with the Baker motherboard, particularly the power ports on the mother board and the chassis size of the Pavilion TP01-1026 The video card is a 8 pin. Any thoughts?

Flightsim2020 caught my eye.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.