Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy Phoenix H9 (h9-1360 EA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, The power supply unit on my HP Envy Phoenix H9 has failed and I have been told  the PSU part no 633186-002 Petrus 600w e-Star V5.0 Bronze is no longer available.  Is there an alternative  HP replacement PSU I can use? Can I use a 3rd party unit, and if so which and what do I need to consider when selecting an alternative? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MR2Simon 

The Corsair CX 600 will be a perfect fit. Of course your across the pond, so I do not know what the UK offers.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@MR2Simon 

The Corsair CX 600 will be a perfect fit. Of course your across the pond, so I do not know what the UK offers.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi, Thank you for your advice. I checked with the Corsair site in the UK and they offer a CX650 here, which is an ATX format.

I will let you know once I have implemented the fix.

HP Recommended

Hi,  I It was suggested to me that the power pin layout on my motherboard may be different to the Pin layout used by the Corsair CX650 PSU. Does anyone know what the pin layout on the H9-1360 motherboard is  or if they have connected the Corsair PSU to this HP built PC?

HP Recommended

Hi WB2001,

I have purchased a Corsair CX650M, which I installed this week. The new PSU has fixed my power problem. The new unit was a straight swap for the HP OEM unit. I am very pleased with the resolution.

Thank you for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.