Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0053w

Just thought I'd ask what the model numbers mean. Mine is:

Pavilion 590 P0053W

I'm going to presume the "w" designates where the system was purchased; in my case it was Walmart. 

It's interesting as there is such a long list. 

Ralph M Bohm
HP Pavilion 590 P0053W,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ralph_Bohm,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

Yes, that's correct!

The "w" at the end of the HP Pavilion 590-P0053w model number is a designation that this particular version of the desktop computer was sold exclusively through Walmart. This is a common practice in the computer industry, where different retailers may offer slightly different versions of the same model with different product codes to help differentiate their inventory.

Here are some other examples of suffixes used by HP:

• "c" - HP uses the "c" suffix to denote models sold through Costco.
  • "d" - HP uses the "d" suffix to denote models sold through its direct online store.
  • "t" - HP uses the "t" suffix to denote models sold through its business channels.
  • "z" - HP uses the "z" suffix to denote models sold through Best Buy.

It's important to note that the use of these letters or suffixes may vary depending on the specific model and the region where the computer is being sold. Additionally, not all HP models sold through different retailers or channels may have a suffix attached to their model number.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Ralph_Bohm,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

Yes, that's correct!

The "w" at the end of the HP Pavilion 590-P0053w model number is a designation that this particular version of the desktop computer was sold exclusively through Walmart. This is a common practice in the computer industry, where different retailers may offer slightly different versions of the same model with different product codes to help differentiate their inventory.

Here are some other examples of suffixes used by HP:

• "c" - HP uses the "c" suffix to denote models sold through Costco.
  • "d" - HP uses the "d" suffix to denote models sold through its direct online store.
  • "t" - HP uses the "t" suffix to denote models sold through its business channels.
  • "z" - HP uses the "z" suffix to denote models sold through Best Buy.

It's important to note that the use of these letters or suffixes may vary depending on the specific model and the region where the computer is being sold. Additionally, not all HP models sold through different retailers or channels may have a suffix attached to their model number.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Hello NonSequitur777,

Thank you for the info. I've just gotten home for the next 24 hours before having to head back out for another week of trucking tomorrow afternoon.

In the meantime, the 32GB of RAM that you'd suggest I order has arrived and I have just installed them into the 2 slots on the MB. It already seems a lot faster. After I send this message, I will open Fusion 360 and see what it can do. I am still due to receive the 1TB SSD on Wednesday so that will have to wait until next Monday for installation. 

Oh, and while I was installing the RAM, I dropped the front panel and in doing so tore out the little connector that goes to the on/off switch. I "borrowed" one from my other Pavilion 590 for the time being and will look up where I can purchase a replacement. 

Here is a picture of my handiwork:

20230424_172836a.jpg

Ralph

Ralph M Bohm
HP Pavilion 590 P0053W,
HP Recommended

@Ralph_Bohm,

You are welcome, and if you have any follow-up questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@Ralph_Bohm,

And btw, the part you need has (most likely, lacking HP confirmation/documentation) part number L14645-001, and can be purchased here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/134198800847.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.