Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Looking at buying a HP Desktop - the specs say it has a 500GB SATA and a 16GB Jump Drive.  I guess a Jump Drive is the same as a thumb drive AKA Flash Drive. But why would HP include this in the sale of a computer and such a small one to boot?

Also, it has 8GB of DDR3 RAM.  I guess the newest RAM is DDR4. Should the fact that it doesn't have the DDR4 RAM be a concern to me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-4300-Intel-Core-I5-8GB-RAM-500GB-HDD-Wireless-Keyboard-Mouse-16GB-Jump...

about this so
if it's fair for the price, do what you can.
but I do not recommend this
it is an old model, you will not be able to upgrade it
unless you just want to go on the net, to work on documents, it can be okay.

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c03404004

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello
what is the exact model you want to buy ..
seems to me to be an old setup ..
The small hard disk in general is only used to speed up the start of the computer a little, maybe even when launching applications.
I may probably advise you against this model, depending on what you are going to tell me!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

This PC is an HP EliteDesk 4300 

i-5 Quad Core 32 GHZ

Memory 8GB - Max 32 GB

Hard drive 500 GB + 16GB jump drive

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Integrated Video

DVD ROM

Network Card - 10/100/1000 Wireless Networking USB WiFi, Bluetooth not installed

HP Recommended

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-4300-Intel-Core-I5-8GB-RAM-500GB-HDD-Wireless-Keyboard-Mouse-16GB-Jump...

about this so
if it's fair for the price, do what you can.
but I do not recommend this
it is an old model, you will not be able to upgrade it
unless you just want to go on the net, to work on documents, it can be okay.

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c03404004

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

@Prométhée,

Your reply was very kind about an old unit.  It is a real shame re-sellers are doing this before the holidays.

Had not seen these old circa 2012 units for sale in quite a while.  Just plain shameful.

PS<> MAX RAM is 16GB (2x8GB), not 32GB.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your thoughts on this older model PC - I think I'll pass this one up.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.