Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

WOW! Definitely the Anti Static Wrist Strap Band is a MUST as I most assuredly want to prevent ANY unwanted Electric Shock Discharge AT ALL COST!!!!!

Thanks for guiding me through this process. You THOROUGHLY give advice! I feel most blessed that my original question was routed to YOUR "inbox"!!!!!

With your blessings, I'M ALL IN!

Lynn5379

HP Recommended

@Lynn5379, keep us posted on your progress.  We are all interested.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

My quad core processor is Out for Delivery TODAY! I have my anti-static wrist band and thermal compound applicator!

I have also found two more very helpful videos with clear instructions.  ANY FINAL SUGGESTIONS OR WORDS OF ADVICE???

I feel I am good to go!

Lynn5379

HP Recommended

@Lynn5379, watch the videos carefully!  Just take your time and you will be fine.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your advice AND for your vote of confidence!

All Systems GO!

Lynn5379

HP Recommended

UPDATE:

My CPU upgrade went very smoothly! I am so very thankful for being able to reach out to knowledgeable people who freely give of their time and talents to advise others in technology! I HAD a dual core processor a little over an hour ago, and now, I have a QUAD CORE PROCESSOR! Researching is very important, and I do feel a whole lot more knowledgeable now that I have gone through the process! MEGA KUDDOS!!!!!

Forever grateful!

Lynn5379

HP Recommended

@Lynn5379, Mega Kudos to you, also!!  😉  Thank you for the update.  You are now an expert on processors and installing them.  I am glad that it worked out so well for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.