Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion TP01-1029ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried to install different memory modules of 8 GB each.

For example, KINGSTON HyperX FURY Black HX432C16FB3/8 DDR4.

But all of them were switched on at a frequency of 2400. On my other computers, these same modules run on 3200.

So what memory module can I add to my PC so that the memory runs at 3200?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, you have to use the exact same model/part number of the memory that came with your PC.

You will have to get all the info from the label, and see if you can find one someplace.

Buying one from HP will be ridiculously expensive.

The reason for that is you can't change the XMP profile in the BIOS, so any other memory, even if it has the same specs as the original one, will cause the memory to run at 2400 MHz.

You will find many posts about this problem on several HP desktop PC's, such as this one...

Seriously HP, why?!? Its a simple memory upgrade. - HP Support Community - 7722210

HP Recommended

Thanks!

I was looking for the same memory, but I didn't find it on the free market.

I did not expect such a nuisance from HP.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, I would be pretty upset if I had one of those models where I couldn't install a compatible memory chip with the same specs and expect it to work right!

I looked up the HP part number for the memory your PC uses and it is 

L98133-002

The model I got the part number from has the same Erica3 motherboard as yours.

HP PartSurfer

Anyway, you may want to search by that part number.

HP Recommended

I have been working with a PC since 1996. Over the years, for work (well, for home) I have purchased over 600 computers.

I have always chosen all the components myself and have never had any problems with compatibility or updating.

I first bought a branded PC from HP as a gift to a child. And I regretted it. I did not expect that a banal memory update could be such a problem.

I regretted that I made such a choice and bought such a PC from HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul_Tikkanen for your help

HP Recommended

Anytime. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.