Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hi, I'm looking at getting an HP Compaq 8200 Elite CMT PC (part number LE245PA) and have a question about the maximum RAM it will take. The PC is the one at http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/au/en/sm/WF05a/12454-12454-64287-3328898-3328898-5037949.html?dnr=1

Page 10 of http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13879_na/13879_na.pdf is a bit ambiguous and I can't work out whether the max is 16GB, or whether it is 32GB.

It says "1GB, 2GB, and 4GB DDR3 DRAM technologies are supported. Using 4 GB device technologies, the largest memory capacity possible is 32 GB, assuming dual channel mode with four x 8 GB dual ranked unbuffered DIMM memory configuration".

But then the table at the bottom of the same page seems to imply that that maximum is 16GB.

Can anyone please advise whether the maximum is 16GB or 32GB in this model?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't understand all that rigamarole.

It is very confusing. It appears that HP copied some info from Intel regarding the chipset's specs and I couldn't make heads or tails of it on the Intel site either.

Max RAM per slot is 4 GB.

I installed 16 GB in mine.

Paul

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't understand all that rigamarole.

It is very confusing. It appears that HP copied some info from Intel regarding the chipset's specs and I couldn't make heads or tails of it on the Intel site either.

Max RAM per slot is 4 GB.

I installed 16 GB in mine.

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi:

Update...

32 GB of memory works in the 8200 Elite CMT!

I installed 4 x 8 GB of this memory and it works great. WEI of 7.6, all 32 GB present and accounted for.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226257

Also see this related post...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware/RAM-upgrade-questions-for-Elite-8200-i7-Desktop-SFF-am...

Paul

HP Recommended

For Australian buyers, I just bought this and it's working well in mine - http://www.skycomp.com.au/item/Corsair-8GB--1x8GB--DDR3-1333MHz-Unbuffered-CL-9-DIMM-Memory-1-5V-for...

I've now got 20GB of RAM running in my machine - the 2 x Corsair 8GB I bought and installed + the 2 x 2GB that it came with.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please help:

I bought 4 modules of KVR1333D3D4R9S/8G PC3-10600 Parity Cl9 1.5 V

The computer only recognized two of the four.  I thought that two modules were bad so switched it out and only installed two at a time.  No luck, still only recognized max of two i.e. 16 gb.  Is there something that I can do to get it to recognize all 4 modules? Am I missing something here? These modules were way too expensive to go to waste.  Also is there a link where I can go and update whatever is needed for this computer.  Right now it is running great; however, I just want to max it out with memory to help with all the digital graphics, etc.  Thanks for your guidance.

HP Recommended

hi!i just want to know what is the ram gdd?sorry im noob at this i just want to upgrade my ram...bad english sorry

HP Recommended

After a little research to find compatible memory, it depends on the OS version and if the machine is running at 32 or 64 bit.  The speed can be 133 mHz or 1600 Ms.  Currently with a 64 bit Windows 10 the max is 32 GB.

HP Recommended

All setings are fine still not reading complete memory, Installed memory 8 GB but usable 3.17 GB

MS config settings are good.  Is there any other option

HP Recommended

@Sathisha,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read about your computer not recognizing the complete RAM issue.

I need more details to give accurate solution for this issue:

Please provide me the product model number and operating system you are using on it.

Click here to find the model number.

Meanwhile, you can try these troubleshooting steps,

• If the system is showing 8GB but 3.17GB usable, the system recognizes that the memory is installed, but is reserving some memory for hardware operations.
  • It is possible that the maximum memory option has been selected. To change this you would need to go into the system configuration  and check the Advanced options under the Boot tab.
  • Run hardware test or remove and reinstall the memory. Click here to run the hardware test.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for being a part of the HP community.

Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

In the HP Compaq 8200 Elite you can install 32 gigs max RAM (make sure you have latest firmware.) I have done it on several machines. As far as the earlier post about 8 gigs in machine but only 3.17 gigs usable... Upgrade from your 32 bit OS on that PC to a 64 bit one. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.