Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion TP01-0019
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I plan to purchase HP Pavilion TP01-0019. All the specs suit my needs except for the internal SATA drive. Unit comes with an SSD and a 1 Terabyte hard disk. I would like to replace the spinning disk with a larger one, something in the 4 to 10 Terabytes range. Is this OK? How large can I go without running into compatibility issues? I plan to use this PC as a dedicated music server with Roon software running on the SSD and music stored on the spinning disk.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello
i will just give you some advice
Yes, that shouldn't be a problem for a 4to at least!
But try to find a model with a bigger hard drive at least if you want bigger!
You may be able to use the original one, in addition, but probably not internally, it depends on the boxes!
So, we should see if you can not install at least two hard drives, prefer two medium sized drives, if the drive fails you risk losing everything.
Or possibly, use an external disk, it is so much more convenient, especially if you put music there!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06556913

Attention, not very scalable model
no graphics card, power supply too weak to add a correct one, only 8 GB of ram
Make sure you check what you need for your software

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi Prométhée,

Thank you for your friendly advice. I am not looking at another model currently as I can get this one for free through the AirMiles program in Canada. Investing in a bigger internal hard drive is therefore not a big deal as it will be my only cost. I am well aware of the system limitations otherwise (RAM, video, power supply) and they suit me fine. The computer will essentially be used headless once it is set up, running 24/7 on its own.

So, you believe 4 TB is OK? What about larger drives? I can't find anything about this in the specs.

Backup strategy is taken care of.

Thanks again and have a nice day!

HP Recommended

It's just theoretical.
A few years ago, large capacity drives did not work on all computers.
Now there is less of a problem, I would almost tell you that a 4TB
must work 90% even better, but I cannot certify it, not having tested
A bigger one should be fine, but now I'm even less certain

But what is this great program, apart from the student offers, or a few other special cases, me, it takes a month of work for a decent computer!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi Prométhée,

AirMiles is a free loyalty program for consumers we have here in Canada. I have been a member for some 20 years. You earn points (or AirMiles as they call them) by shopping at listed stores or by using a sponsored credit card. Points may be exchanged for airline tickets or merchandise from a catalog. This is the offer I plan to take advantage of:

https://rewards.airmiles.ca/merchandise/electronics/computers-and-tablets/hp-pavilion-tp01-0019-desk...

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

your welcome

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.