Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Desktop 580-1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I try to access my bios through uefi firmware settings I restart and when the start up menu comes up I press f10 to access bios set-up and when I click f10, it just logs me in to the pc and and nothing happens

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Sometimes the new PC's are difficult to get into the BIOS.  I have found this to work nicely

Start tapping the Esc key BEFORE starting the PC and then press the start button.
Keep tapping the Esc key until a popup menu shows.  Then pick the submenu that has BIOS settings

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I just tried it then it took me to the popup menu and when I clicked the bios key (f10) it just continued with the start up of the pc

HP Recommended

Interesting.  Do any of the other choices actually work, F1, F2, or F9?

Try them.  It might be the keyboard is not being recognized properly and just going ahead to start.

BTW: when you do F1, what is the product number for that PC?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

F1 and F2 work but F9 doesn't, Esc doesn't work either. 

The SKU Number is: 2NK38AA#ABG

And the Serial Number is: 4CE8151KRN

HP Recommended

Since there are not keyboard or mouse ports, I assume that a USB wireless type (that came with the system) is being used.  Also assuming the sending host is connected at the rear ports (if they use the built-in bluetooth as host there will not be an apparent separate host connect).  If that host is connected to the USB 3.0 ports, try connecting to the USB 2.0 ports - the one in the same general area as the Ethernet port. 

Replace the batteries in the keyboard and mouse.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

All my usb ports are in use as I have have a wired keyboard, mouse, speakers, headphones and printer, so what do I do about that?

HP Recommended

If all of the USB ports are in use, there is a possibility to use a powered USB hub.  Depending on the variety of devices, the USB 2.0 devices, if they are more plentiful than the USB 3.0, can use a USB powered hub and plugged into the USB 2.0 source port.  If there are more USB 3.0 devices, then get a USB 3.0 powered hub and host from the USB 3.0 ports.  It is best to not mix them.

Again, if the keyboard is plugged into the USB 3.0 ports, then that might be the problem.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.