cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
rl01569
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

When will AMD bios patch be released by HP? HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-0066

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-0066
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP computer has been unuseable since purchase 9 months ago. Two external usb disk drives have been corrupted because of AMB bios bug. When will HP release the bios fix for their computers?

HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-0066  Mar 11, 2021 — AMD Locates 'Root Cause' of USB Issues on B550, X570 Motherboards. ... AMD has come up with a fix for USB disconnection issues on B550 and X570 motherboards. The chip maker plans on issuing the patch through various motherboard vendors via an upcoming AGESA 1.2. 0.2 update.

Ronald Ledesma
2 REPLIES 2
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
7,153 5,604 681 1,651
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP Support does not have a presence in this forum. I am a volunteer; I don't work for HP.

Motherboard manufacturers may begin releasing AGESA 1.2.0.2 to fix the USB problem in April 2021. I also have retail MBs using the same chipsets with no BIOS update. This is not a HP problem at this time, it appears to be a AMD problem.

No way to predict when HP will release this BIOS update for your PC. The latest BIOS update from Dec. 2020 can be reviewed at this (Link). 

Tom's Hardware (Link) has some mitigation techniques until the BIOS update is released.

Regards

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
rl01569
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it, I am hoping HP will acknowledge the problem and set a timeframe for next bios release.Thanks again.

Ronald Ledesma
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation