Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Where are my downloads? The desktop has a shortcut for some downloads but not all of them.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Check your user profile and see if the downloads are in your Downloads folder.

That is where they are supposed to go by default.

HP Recommended

Where is my user profile?

Sorry for the dumb question.

HP Recommended

I don't know how you set up your PC.

In the settings menu>personalization>themes>desktop icon settings, I chose to add the following icons to my desktop:

When I open that, there are all the folders in my profile folder and the downloads folder is where all the downloads go unless you changed the default download location.

If you changed the default file download location where Windows downloads all files unfortunately, I would have no idea where your downloaded files are going.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.