Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop GT13-1350st CTO
Microsoft Windows 11

This all started over on my first post where my internet kept dropping due to my Realtek wireless network adapter. Thank you to the help of Itsmyname and Promethee over there. My computer is compatible with "Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX 201 (2x2) and Bluetooth® 5 combo (Supporting Gigabit file transfer speeds)" for a new wireless network adapter, having been listed as one of the configuration options for the PC. I am kicking myself in the head so bad for going with Realtek instead of Intel.

Anyways, I'm having trouble finding this specific part on the web. Any help?

I'd like to see about getting and installing this adapter and updating my results here.

Edit: I don't know how I screwed up wireless network adapter with ac adapter, but I fixed those errors in my post.

UPDATE 2/11/2022: I purchased the "Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX 201 (2x2) and Bluetooth® 5 combo (Supporting Gigabit file transfer speeds)" (part code: L92724-005 -- WLAN 11ax 2x2 INT AX201NGW-W HrP2 NV) off of ebay, waited for it to arrive, and watched a few tutorials on youtube on the installation of the part. Make sure you're buying your part from a reputable source (good reviews, numerous sells, look at their return policy too in case). 

I have an OMEN 30L Desktop so I used this tutorial by HP, starting at installation of Wireless LAN Module: https://youtu.be/d581-j3Rr-s?t=763

Definitely be as gentle as can be with the installation. There are two wires that should be labelled with 1 and 2 that attach to the, as well labelled, 1 and 2 ports on the module card, which thank god for it because my memory can be so short. And it was easy because it was a module you could pop out and replace by popping back in with another one. I am not a techie so I was so nervous doing this ngl. It didn't say in the video that I was watching, unless I'm a huge dummy and missed it, but I also removed all the cables on the back of the hard drive (as in power cord, display port for monitor, keyboard cable) and held down the power button for a 1 full minute to let the power drain out of it completely. I don't know, better safe than sorry I thought.

After installation, I plugged everything back in, turned on the PC, and nervously signed into my desktop. Nothing was popping up asking for my attention, so I thought I'd first see if it would let me manually connect to the internet. Opened my internet settings, connected to my home wifi, and it worked. Went to check the drivers in the Device Manager to make sure everything was looking okay. At first it showed an Unknown something, so I double clicked on it, but in a couple seconds, all on its own, it recognized it was the Intel Wireless Bluetooth under "Bluetooth" and Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz under "Network adapters." I clicked on Update Driver, it /said/ it was up to date after a quick scan, but I still had the option to check for updated drivers on Windows Update, so I clicked that, it took me to the Windows Update center, and I clicked the Check For Updates button. After scanning, "Intel - net - 22.70.0.6" popped up and started installing itself super quick. I went to check the information on my Wifi Network, and it shows:

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Description: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz

Driver Version: 22.70.0.6

My internet runs on a Wifi 5 protocol apparently, and this part is labelled Wifi 6, but so far everything has been working. Maybe I just can't use this LAN module to its maximum potential due to the limitations on my Wifi router?? I really don't mind that. 

Everything is working okay so far and I'm hoping for that to hold. Thank you to the help of @Paul_Tikkanen in this thread, and @Prométhée and @Itsmyname over at this thread

In this video, we will see how to repair and replace various parts when servicing or upgrading your OMEN 25L/30L Desktop computer. Follow the steps in this video to properly remove the specific parts and then safely install the replacement parts for sustained or improved performance. You can ...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The parts list for your PC indicates that you need this part...

L92724-005WLAN 11ax 2x2 INT AX201NGW-W HrP2 NV

HP PartSurfer

The part is on backorder from HP.

HP Parts Store - HP Computer Parts - HP Printer Parts - Compaq Parts

Fortunately, there are plenty of them for sale on eBay at much lower prices.

l92724-005 | eBay

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

The parts list for your PC indicates that you need this part...

L92724-005WLAN 11ax 2x2 INT AX201NGW-W HrP2 NV

HP PartSurfer

The part is on backorder from HP.

HP Parts Store - HP Computer Parts - HP Printer Parts - Compaq Parts

Fortunately, there are plenty of them for sale on eBay at much lower prices.

l92724-005 | eBay

HP Recommended

I just found before looking at your comment almost the same part you recommended me, but instead the one I found was listed as L92724-002. What's the difference?

Thank you for finding all that. Does this card suffice? Pasting again so you don't have to scroll up, I'm looking for "Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX 201 (2x2) and Bluetooth® 5 combo (Supporting Gigabit file transfer speeds)" for my OMEN 30L Desktop GT13-1350st. Just want to be doubly sure. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the difference would be but since the parts list for your exact model PC indicates the part number I posted is supported, I would not deviate from that.

HP Recommended

Thank you! I will see about getting this part and coming back to updating my post for results hopefully. If you're still here, do you know if the "2024.0.10.224" update for the Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter (from Microsoft Update Catalogue) would be compatible for my computer? My computer settings say I have version 2024.0.10.223. I know that an update may not solve the issue, but I thought it'd maybe improve the situation until I can get this hardware part.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, version .224 will work fine, and if you would rather have the HP driver, here it is...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp135501-136000/sp135885.exe

HP Recommended

When you say "HP driver," do you mean that .exe file you attached is the .224 version specific to HP? Thank you for your patience with me!!

HP Recommended

The driver I provided is the same .224 version that Realtek released to HP for their notebook and desktop PC's that have the RTL8821CE and RTL8822CE wifi adapters.

HP Recommended

I execute the file and it goes through an installer, creating a path c:\SWSetup\SP135885, but then nothing else happens

HP Recommended

Yes, those new Realtek drivers are weird.

They do what I call a silent install.  They run and disappear with no messages.

If you go to the device manager, you can check if the driver installed by clicking on the Realtek wifi adapter, click on the driver tab and it should show the driver version and date.

it should be 2024.0.10.224, 08/12/2021

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.