Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 570 p033w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying in install an NVME SSD to run along my HDD on my desktop.  I cannot figure out the size of the screw to secure it to the motherboard.

This is the motherboard information I have been able to gather.

HP Lubin motherboard M.2  SSD socket 3 , Key M

Anyone any idea of the size I need?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I can't say for sure, but every HP notebook service manual I have randomly looked at all indicate the M.2 SSD hold down screw size is a Phillips PM2.0×x ??...??  length ranges from 2.0mm, 2.3mm, 3.0mm, and 3.5mm from the manuals I have looked at.

So what that means to me is the length depends on how high off the motherboard the standoff is that the screw goes into.

If no standoff, then the shorter length is required.  If the standoff sticks up quite a bit and the screw hole is flush to the top and deep, then you would probably be fine with any of those lengths.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I can't say for sure, but every HP notebook service manual I have randomly looked at all indicate the M.2 SSD hold down screw size is a Phillips PM2.0×x ??...??  length ranges from 2.0mm, 2.3mm, 3.0mm, and 3.5mm from the manuals I have looked at.

So what that means to me is the length depends on how high off the motherboard the standoff is that the screw goes into.

If no standoff, then the shorter length is required.  If the standoff sticks up quite a bit and the screw hole is flush to the top and deep, then you would probably be fine with any of those lengths.

HP Recommended

Thank you, I will give it a try.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.