Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

i revert back to the HD card everything is well.I do that when I install the GTX 660 card again .it is boot but it's freeze at HP logo again.It may over and end .I cannot use GTX 660. 😞 😞 😞

HP Recommended

Hi Bkk-123,

Sorry to hear this.

I worked on a HP h8-1380 product about five years ago having a failed graphics card. This PC also had a Legacy BIOS.

The PC did the same thing your PC is doing after installing a different, compatible Legacy graphics card; it got stuck at the HP logo.

I could not find a HP, same model, branded graphics card but I also tried the same model number from a different vendor (PNY). Same thing, stuck at the HP logo.

I gave up.

Regards

HP Recommended

I don't know if your BIOS allows you to turn off showing the HP Logo on boot (frequently not unfortunately). Check the Boot options section but if you can you will see the steps it goes through identifying hardware and MAY show more information on the screen when it stops.

However even if you can you still have to be careful as in many cases the last message on the screen is actually the last step completed, NOT the one that has failed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.