Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bkk-123
4 3 0 0
Message 11 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why I cannot use GTX660?

i revert back to the HD card everything is well.I do that when I install the GTX 660 card again .it is boot but it's freeze at HP logo again.It may over and end .I cannot use GTX 660. 😞 😞 😞

0 Kudos
Level 12
5,452 5,440 514 1,132
Message 12 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why I cannot use GTX660?

Hi Bkk-123,

Sorry to hear this.

I worked on a HP h8-1380 product about five years ago having a failed graphics card. This PC also had a Legacy BIOS.

The PC did the same thing your PC is doing after installing a different, compatible Legacy graphics card; it got stuck at the HP logo.

I could not find a HP, same model, branded graphics card but I also tried the same model number from a different vendor (PNY). Same thing, stuck at the HP logo.

I gave up.

Regards

0 Kudos
HairyFool
Level 1
14 9 0 1
Message 13 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why I cannot use GTX660?

I don't know if your BIOS allows you to turn off showing the HP Logo on boot (frequently not unfortunately). Check the Boot options section but if you can you will see the steps it goes through identifying hardware and MAY show more information on the screen when it stops.

However even if you can you still have to be careful as in many cases the last message on the screen is actually the last step completed, NOT the one that has failed.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation