Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Curved All-In-One - 34-b025xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The wireless keyboard and mouse have stopped working for my HP ENVY Curved All-in-One - 34-b025xt.  In the past, I simply used the wired cord, plugged the keyboard into the USB charging port, changed the batteries in the mouse and after a while, it began working again.  Now it does not seem to charge.  If I turn either off and then on, the light shines for a moment and then goes out.  What can I do?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello
does the keyboard work if it is connected?
I have a little doubt, because you say that neither of them works?
It is well indicated for the keyboard:

• Wireless technology: Two-way 2.4 GHz radio frequency
  • Wireless operating range on USB 2.0 port: 8 m (typical)
  • Battery: Li-polymer 450mAH
  • Battery life: 6 months (typical)

So if the batteries are out of order, they must be replaced (no simple batteries)
Except the mouse, does not seem to have the same ...

Batteries: 2 AA alkaline

34-b025xt PC Product Specifications

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

This keyboard does not have batteries.  Only the mouse has batteries.  This is the keyboard that came with the HP ENVY Curved All-in-One - 34-b025xt.  Upon start up the instructions simply said to turn on the mouse and the wireless keyboard at the same time and they automatically connect with the computer after you turn it on.   I have had to replace the batteries in the mouse a couple of times over the years and I have used the accompanying cord to plug the keyboard into the charging USB port.  In the past, both began to work again but now they do not work.

HP Recommended

You do not answer the main question
The keyboard is wireless, but it can be connected via USB, is that correct?
So does it work on usb, if it could already work like that?
The keyboard is wireless, you must have batteries, otherwise it could not work!
Now even if the mouse no longer works with new batteries, you may have more than a battery problem

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I think I did answer.  The keyboard CAN plug into a USB port but it is not working when plugged in.  This may be the only HP product like this with no battery compartment at all that can be accessed.  It apparently has some kind of built in rechargeable battery  which is what should be recharging when plugged into the USB but apparently is not recharging nor working while plugged into the computer's USB charging port.  Perhaps it has just worn out.  This particular model of keyboard and mouse work together so the mouse alone apparently will not work until the keyboard charges.  The model of the keyboard is 859462-001 and the mouse is859454-001.

HP Recommended

I find this curious, HP indicates that the batteries can last 6 months!
And if it is not possible to replace them, the keyboard should be changed only after 6 months, it seems abnormal to me
But whatever, it may not be all the problem
The mouse works with its own batteries, it should work on its own!
Unfortunately it may be time to replace all that!
In case try at least the mouse with the usb Nano receiver ,  new batteries in another computer if you can!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-premium-keyboard/16005033/model/16005038/document/c05540809

it may be this type of keyboard
indeed from what I see the usb, is just used to recharge

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thank you for trying to help.  As I said, this curious keyboard that came with my curved ENVY may have been some kind of Beta keyboard that HP never tried again.  My husband's ENVY does not have the same thing.,  His has a place for batteries to be changed.  HO has been non-responsive in helping with this one nor do they even seem to remember what they did.  I am surviving with a Logitech keyboard and a Logitech mouse and will explore what HP has to offer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.