Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-xa0181na

I bought an HP Pavilion and it came with a slim Wireless Desktop Combo 800 keyboard & mouse where I cannot identify the Num Lock key.  Where is is please?  All I want to have is the 0 and . keys work as Ins and Del as they ordinarily do....  I searched the documentation and tried the on-screen keyboard tool and that does not seem to help.  Running Windows 10 Home if that makes a difference.  Thx.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There's no NUMLOCK key on these keyboards because the keys on the number pad serve no other function than what's printed on the keys.

You'll note that traditionally, the keys on the number pad would ALSO have arrows, home, end, insert etc.. This keyboard does not.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Richard382

Welcome to HP support community.

Could you share the picture of the keyboard for further assistance?

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

IMG_3771.JPGIMG_3773.JPGH

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help Sandytechy20!  I can post higher res pics if you would like.  Just let me know. 

Best,

@Richard382

HP Recommended

@Richard382

Could you send a clear picture of the keyboard again?

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

IMG_3788.JPGIMG_3786.JPGIMG_3787.JPG

HP Recommended

I broke it into sections.  Thanks again for your help!

HP Recommended

There's no NUMLOCK key on these keyboards because the keys on the number pad serve no other function than what's printed on the keys.

You'll note that traditionally, the keys on the number pad would ALSO have arrows, home, end, insert etc.. This keyboard does not.

HP Recommended

Thanks Hibb1 - not really sure why somebody would think it is a good idea to take that away.  It's a nice keyboard but, after 30 years of training, every time I try to hit delete, I get a period instead!  Argh. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.